When it comes to email marketing, automation and email management systems are critical. Mailchimp is one of the major players in this arena, providing a comprehensive email suite that helps you organize, analyze, track, and connect with email contacts. With a single Mailchimp login, you can manage thousands of connections.
With Mailchimp email marketing, many messages can be automated and analyzed. You can initiate things like “drip campaigns” (standard form that are sent out on a scheduled basis) or maintain email newsletters (regular, in-depth content). Mailchimp email design tools make it easy to create professional-looking emails on-the-fly, and their large community has posted a number of email marketing tips Mailchimp beginners can take advantage of.
Mailchimp pricing begins with a Forever Free plan. That Forever Free plan gives you 2,000 contacts and 12,000 emails for a single Mailchimp login. Prices go up to $199 for the Professional version of Mailchimp, but as with all tiered pricing plans, you can start on the free plan (to test it out) and slowly ramp up depending on your needs. A growing business plan is available with 500 contacts and unlimited emails.
Mailchimp’s completely free platform does include ads, so that is a consideration for businesses that are looking for an affordable option.
Email Marketing Services
Email marketing isn’t just a matter of sending off a few emails. It’s fairly rigorous and involved. Just like drafting ad copy, each email and each campaign has to be carefully crafted and strategic. Email marketing services provide email marketing software and email marketing strategy for your business, to alleviate some of the major challenges.
An email marketing platform has tools that make both drafting and sending emails easier, especially for business owners who don’t have a background in email marketing. Sendinblue email marketing has tools that help you create professional, polished, and responsive emails, while also providing the analysis tools that you need to determine whether your strategy is working.
While you can look into how to do email marketing with Gmail or a simpler suite, a more comprehensive email marketing software system can give you more information by tracking whether or not your contacts are really converting. Platforms like Sendinblue offer email marketing unlimited contacts and the ability to identify the campaigns that are most effective.
Email Marketing Templates
If you aren’t sure where to start when developing your marketing emails, consider looking up email marketing templates. The best email templates are easy to modify, responsive, and well-designed. A responsive email template can be viewed on any platform (desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone), and will be easy to read and professionally designed.
Email templates are available for free online, but many email marketing platforms and email marketing solutions will also come with email templates already included. You may want to find a platform that includes a number of email templates, so you can personalize and customize your emails easily. Some email marketing templates are just designs, while others include (or are just) content.
Your email marketing may be the first impression that a potential customer has of your business, so it’s important that you use an email template that is readable and attractive. The benefits of email templates is that they will work in all browsers and you don’t need to reinvent the wheel every time: you can just concentrate on writing the best text.
For an HTML email marketing template, you may need to modify the email template HTML code. That does require a cursory knowledge of HTML, which you can gain through an online guide. For a WYSIWYG email marketing template, you’ll instead be able to modify the template using a drag-and-drop interface or select boxes: this is usually considered to be easier for those who don’t have any HTML or design knowledge.
You can look at thousands of email marketing templates online, many of which have been tailored for companies in your industry or companies with your products. These templates can then be personalized to your business, to show your company’s branding and content. Branding is critical when it comes to email templates: try to find templates that you can customize to your brand’s colors and that allow you to easily insert your brand’s logo.
Free Email Marketing
For businesses that are still scaling up, the idea of investing a lot of money in a new marketing strategy can seem a little daunting. That’s why there are many resources for free email marketing. While you may want to eventually upgrade to paid platforms, free email tools can still be extremely robust — as well as easy to use and intuitive.
Here’s how to do email marketing for free:
- Look up email marketing blogs and eBooks. You can get a lot of advice for free online, just by reading blogs. Learn about reaching out to specific marketing demographics, building buyer personas, and tracking your emails effectively. At minimum, you’ll want to know how to determine whether your emails have been opened, and who has clicked on links.
- Find a free email template builder. You can get simple HTML email templates free or get a software program that will generate email templates for you. Look for business email templates free download, or for email templates that are within your specific industry. You can even get free email marketing templates for Outlook or for specific software solutions.
- Get a free email marketing software download. Free email marketing software will let you import contacts directly to it, attach templates, and then send out your emails on either a scheduled or one-off basis. You should be able to manage all of your email connections through a single platform.
Email services such as Gmail can also make it easier to manage your email costs, because you can send out emails without having to pay for a service. However, as you grow, you are going to want to invest in professional software; they provide advanced features and analytic services.
Email Marketing Strategy
While there are many email marketing tools available, they’re only as important as your email marketing strategy. An email marketing strategy has to be regularly updated: there are many types of email marketing, and an email marketing strategy 2018 isn’t going to be the same as an email marketing strategy 2019.
A solid email marketing strategy plan is going to include:
- Buyer demographics.
- Messaging and branding.
- Scheduling and planning.
To look up an email marketing strategy definition, refer to the email marketing strategy Hubspot guide. Looking up a nice email marketing strategy PPT and email marketing tips to increase sales will help you slowly develop out your campaign. Remember that a retail email marketing strategy requires a multitude of touch points, and service industries may differ still.
Here are a few important email marketing tips:
- A B2B email marketing strategy is different from a B2C email marketing strategy. B2B customers tend to do a significantly larger amount of research when they’re approaching a product, and they want to have deeper communications with a company. B2C customers tend to be more impulsive with their purchases.
- Email marketing tips for small businesses will differ from email marketing tips for larger corporations. Small businesses don’t have the advantages of scale; they need to personalize their emails more thoroughly and get to know their core demographics well.
Retail email marketing strategies often focus on deals and promotions. These are best targeted towards customers who have already shown an interest in a product, as it’s selling to an already targeted audience.
- Spam email has made email marketing a challenge. It’s important to make sure that your email lists consist of individuals who have signed up for your emails willingly; otherwise your emails could get marked as spam. Every company has something called an Email Sender Reputation. If your emails are frequently marked as spam, your email domain may start to get blocked.
How do email marketing tips 2018 and email marketing tips 2019 differ? 2019 saw a rise in AI and machine-learning solutions, which can more effectively analyze marketing campaigns, and identify areas in which they can be improved. 2019 has also seen a significant increase in the use of mobile email rather than desktop email, which means email marketing tips and techniques need to change to take advantage of the mobile customer.
By following effective email marketing tips, you can create a marketing strategy that will broaden your company’s reach, brand identity, and awareness. Email marketing is considered to be one of the most effective forms of marketing because it has the greatest ROI: for every marketing dollar you spend, you bring more in. As you ramp up your email marketing strategies, you will consistently see higher returns, and you’ll be able to achieve bigger and better things for your business.