Outlook Signature Template
Within a standard Outlook signature template, there are two components. The first is referred to as the “business card” section, which can include any of the following:
- Employee first and last name
- Employee title or role within the company
- Employee contract information, like a phone number or email address
- Company name, URL, or logo
- Social media links or icons
The second component is a call-to-action banner, which basically serves as an “ad” in each employee’s Office 365 email signature template. This banner is a highly intelligent Office 365 email signature image that dynamically updates based on the sender or recipient of the email. This is possible because it’s actually Office 365 email signature HTML code. And because it’s code, and not actually an embedded image, it doesn’t add any weight to the email and won’t be flagged for spam.
For those using a Mac instead of a PC, these banners can work the same way for your Outlook Mac signature. HTML code will allow it to be dynamic, lightweight, and visually appealing in each of every email sent by your employees. Three years ago, an Outlook 2016 Mac signature may have looked different than email signatures of users who use a PC. But now with email signature software like Sigstr, users can rest easy knowing their Outlook Mac signature formatting will match the appearance of every other employee’s signature in the company. For those who need to know how to change font in Outlook signature Mac settings, Sigstr’s email signature builder can take care of that for you.
In addition to making things easier on the technical side, Sigstr’s team and library of resources can help show your team how to use these banner ads for different use cases and purposes. This comprehensive guide shows examples and design ideas that cover any of the following marketing initiatives:
- Event marketing (conferences, trade shows, happy hours, or webinars)
- Content marketing (ebooks, white papers, reports, case studies, or video)
- Product news (releases, features, or free trials)
- Company branding (news articles, announcements, website, or recruitment)
It even shares which colors and design elements work best in email banners. Recommendations on size (in pixels), call-to-action text, and dimensions are also included in this ebook.
Gmail Signature Image
Just like Outlook, Gmail is a popular email service provider many teams (and individual users) utilize today. In addition to a Gmail signature image, which is what we’ll focus on heavily in this section, there are many other components that make up a professional Gmail signature. A company’s Gmail signature design can leave a positive brand impression on your most important audience and those who you email most. Eye-catching images, like a banner, company logo, or employee headshot, can be “wow” factors that impress your email audience. Before we mention the benefits of using software to manage company Gmail signatures, those looking to simply change email signature Gmail settings can follow these steps:
- Log into Gmail and open up your inbox
- Search for a “gear” icon in the top right area and click on that
- Click on “settings”
- Click in the signature editor box (you may need to scroll down a bit to get there)
- Utilize the different Gmail formatting options when adding in your desired email signature information
- Click “save” at the bottom and you’re all set!
For those managing multiple employee email signatures where the steps below are difficult to scale across the entire company, consider using software like Sigstr. Sigstr’s Help Center covers all of these Gmail FAQs (and more):
- How to add signature in Gmail with logo?
- How to insert image in email signature in Gmail?
- How to insert signature in Gmail reply?
- How to add signature in Gmail app?
Email signature software helps users work through technical requirements and answer specific questions like what you see above. However, if you’re a small team or just need one email signature, a cheaper option would be to use a Gmail signature generator. Free generators may not offer certain features or HTML code like Sigstr can, but it can help you format a simple email signature and doesn’t cost you a thing. It’s important to consider what’s best for your business or personal brand, depending on how you want to use the employee email channel and how automated you want to make it for your users. No matter which option you choose, Sigstr is always here as a resource.
Office 365 signature management
Beyond designing and implementing company email signatures, ongoing maintenance and Office 365 signature management is just as important! This includes things like:
- Adding email signatures for new employees
- Removing email signatures for employees no longer with the company
- Updating company information (such as an address or phone number change)
- Promoting timely marketing messages, like an upcoming event or holiday
Rather than asking each individual employee or user to update his or her email signature (and then hoping they actually listen and do it right), Sigstr allows teams to automate these updates with one click of a button. The platform can integrate with any system that manages employee information, so it can sync directly to each user’s email signature.
Aside from the application and features, Sigstr’s team can also make your life easier with Outlook or Gmail. The Customer Success and Support team provide ongoing support that can help solve any of these issues (and more):
- Outlook 2013 signature not working
- Outlook 2013 signature freezes
- Outlook 2013 signature location
- Outlook 2010 signature not opening
- Managing multiple signatures in Outlook 365
- Unable to find the Outlook for Mac signature location
- Outlook Mac signature image problem
Sigstr’s service is here to address any questions or issues, from the beginning stages before implementation all the way to renewal and ongoing customer education. It’s something our team takes seriously as we love serving our customers and making them successful. Here are a few direct quotes from users on Sigstr’s level of service:
- “The customer support team at Sigstr is by far the best. They are friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable. I rarely have an issue, but when I do, I know the team will quickly resolve the problem.”
- “The service has been great, customer service has been top notch, and Sigstr has lived up to its billing.”
- “When we do need support, the response time is incredible and everyone we’ve worked with has been very knowledgeable and helpful.”
- “Our Customer Success Manager is incredible and constantly goes above and beyond. She is always willing to help and make suggestions when we need them. Their support team is incredibly responsive as well.”